OdySight is a digital technology system composed of two different components: the OdySight app for users and OdySight dashboard for healthcare professional.
The OdySight app is divided into the following modules:
- the Near Visual Acuity (NVA) module allows the user to test their visual acuity; based on the ETDRS (Early Treatment for Diabetic Retinopathy Study);
- the Amsler Grid (AG) module evaluates metamorphosis and scotomas; based on the paper Amsler grid;
- the authentication module allows users to securely connect to the OdySight application;
- the menu module allows for navigation within the OdySight app;
The OdySight online dashboard
- the game and DLC modules: related to the puzzles which are designed for the retention of the user.
Intended for the healthcare professional who prescribes the OdySight app to users. The healthcare professional can then view the results from the vision tests performed by users.
NB: The game module is not considered as a part of OdySight as medical device. OdySight app
The application consists two parts: vision tests (visual acuity, Amsler grid), and a game (puzzles). The vision tests are intended to collect test results similar to those usually obtained in a medical center using standard methods.
The visual acuity test assesses near vision, while the Amsler grid test assesses the evolution of scotomas (black spots) and / or metamorphosis (deformation).